Who can join Digital Gardeners?
Anyone with an interest in healthy eating, growing and gardening!
All you need is enthusiasm and a willingness to take part.
We can help with advice, practical tips and growing suggestions. There may be seeds and seedlings to share as the months go by and of course, when it’s harvest time, there will be produce to share – and even a barbecue!
You don’t need to have a garden, allotment, backyard, patio or even a windowsill wide enough for a plant pot to stand!
We’d love to hear your gardening stories. Share your tips for success. Share your advice on pitfalls to avoid! We can post them here and build up our own collection of gardening stories with a Caribbean twist.
Can you contribute to the African Caribbean community’s local cultural narrative and help to build a sense of healthy eating?
Have you tried to make a Caribbean meal from plants grown locally?
Why not share your knowledge and memories about the cultural significance of certain foodstuffs that feature in Caribbean home cooking?
Let’s value the knowledge of our Community Elders, pass it on to younger generations and strengthen our communities.
We’d love to hear from you about…
- We’d love to hear your stories too.
- How did you become involved and how long have you been involved?
- What do you most enjoy and why?
- What advice would you give to someone wanting to start their own allotment? What might you do differently if starting again?
- And finally, what are your future plans (and dreams) for your allotment?
Let’s Grow together!